Sunday, July 1, 2007

My Evaluation sheet...

Happened to look at the calendar in my outlook....hmmm..it was the month of july...been 8 months since I reached the land of dreams...8 long months, but for me, they just flew by...decided to evaluate those 8 months..in terms of what I have gained and what I have lost...

First thoughts were in terms of career..hmm, I have gone up a notch or two now..seen places, met people...I discovered traits of mine, which were hitherto, unseen.. have been more responsible(my friends back home would have a good laugh on reading this), more patient and more diplomatic in handling tough situations...

Partied hard, slogged hard..Loved my life & lived my life...Transformed from a horrendous cook to a bad cook...from a choosy person to an "anything is good for me" type...
phew !! so much for the good stuff..

On a personal front, it was a loss...Was not with my granny when she passed away...She always used to say that she was the first one in the family to hold me when I entered the world...And I was not with her, when she left the world..

Never been separated from my parents for so long..Realised how much they miss me, the last time I talked to amma..they seem to have stopped making all my fave dishes at home, as they feel it would not be good enuf without me by their side...



8 months from my family, friends and relatives...8 months from the sights and sounds that I loved so much...8 long months...Have I gained or Have I lost ?? That remains a question

No comments: