Thursday, April 26, 2007

2623 - MAS to CGNR - RAC to CNFRMD

The buzz of my alarm was never greeted with enthusiasm...Had it got a pair of legs and a life of its own, the time piece of mine would have fled from the scene, fearing my wrath...But, today was a different day..it was friday, and a loooooooong weekend was around the corner...

I bounded out of my bed..40 minutes to get ready for office and to pack my bags...ample time, bro..grabbing the day's edition, I locked myself inside "The Den"...

After stuffing all the clothes into the bag, I scampered out to the bus stop...In the nick of time...I could see numerous pairs of eyes staring at me, eyes full of envy...those hapless souls who were cursed to spend the weekend at office...I trudged on to my fave seat and sat down...

Breakfast at Navalur has always been a pleasant experience...the gang woud assemble and start off with the usual...Girls in friday casuals more than made up for the sodden breakfast...ogling at em, we started charting out the evening plans..the time to get out of office, the bus to catch etc...

logged in to the PC at work...it seemed to echo the user's state of mind...lazy ,in no mood to work and it took a whole 10 minutes to get started....The chores for the day looked cakewalk..hmmm...

Finally, after 3 coffee breaks, a heavy lunch and hours of browsing, the numbers at the bottom left corner of the screen became 4.45 pm..Time to make a move...After pacifying the fellas that I would be bringing them chips, I started...

The fellas had gathered near the gate...With the usual light hearted banter, we started out to get the 5.00 bus...hopefully in time to catch the 5.45 from tidel...The bus was jampacked, but we didnt have an option...We hauled ourselves in...

Traffic was heavy but we still made it in time to the metro...got ourselves tickets and waited fo the shuttle to come..Dinner would be from some hotel near central...hmmm..lots of time to catch 2623...we crowded near the door as the train chugged on to central...screamed would be a better word...The cool breeze felt reassuring and soothed the tensions of the past week...felt good that I would be seeing my parents and my friends again...yippe....

We got down at park and merged with the crowd moving towards central...The faded, but impressive red building loomed in the horizon....A sight to behold, indeed !!!

No comments: